Monday, March 30, 2009

Community Summit/Cruiser/Worst Weather Day Ever

Hey,

So I guess I'll talk about three things today.

I went to part of the Community Summit on campus on Fri-Sun. Because of this crazy campaign I'm going through, I was only able to go for four hours, but luckily my friend Emily went so she can fill me in on what I missed.

Essentially, the Community Summit was a gathering of Board of Trustee members, administration, faculty, staff, and students that gathered to talk about issues of diversity and how to make Colgate more of a community, hence the name.

I essentially went to listen to a multitude of different groups on campus, because I wanted to hear different perspectives and see what everyone would like at Colgate. My favorite part of the Summit was when Prof. Landon Reid got up and gave a ton of suggestions that I really liked. I have them all written down in my notebook somewhere, which is MIA under a barrage of stuff. But in essence, it was great to learn from a lot of people.

Cruiser: I waited 40 min. at the COOP for the Cruiser today, which was a no-show. Well, unless the people I was waiting with in the COOP just didn't see it as we were talking. Regardless, let's say Javi and I get elected and post signs at the Cruiser stops. Well, I think if the Cruiser continues to be off-schedule, we have a much, much better idea of how off-schedule the Cruiser is with signs publicizing the Cruiser schedule all over campus, and much student unrest would lead to Birnie Bus being more accountable for their actions. So it'd be a domino effect of sorts, leading to a solution to the problem. Fixing the Cruiser problem, shouldn't be, and isn't, hard to do at all. And guess what? It's cheap. We can fix the Cruiser problem, everyone, it's just going to take a little effort from everyone involved.

Side note, today was absolutely disgusting outside. 40's and windy and raining? On March 30? What a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment