Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Veterans Day

I think I'm going to be pretty upfront with this blog posting.

It is pretty pathetic that we don't do a damn thing for veterans here at Colgate for Veterans Day. And with ROTC growing again here, I think it's about time we collaborate with them and do something about it.

For the Javi/Paul platform, I hijacked an idea my firehouse had back home. My friend and fellow fireman Andrew Forsyth, who is also a Marine, spearheaded an effort to bring down free clothes to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center back in June. I wish I could have made it, but I was at 'Gate doing work over the summer.

Well, it looks like Andrew is going to Afghanistan in June, which sucks, but if he goes out, I hope he can do us all a favor and kill Bin Laden. But I digress. We should follow Andrew's lead and start a huge charity drive for the soldiers during Veterans Day. We could get Greek chapters, who are already well-known for charity efforts, involved, and it'd be an awesome deal. We could also bring in a speaker and we could dedicate a plaque on campus to vets.

Regardless, the time is now for something to be done on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment