Friday, March 27, 2009

Great News About Colgate Sports Fan Bus Idea

Hey everyone,

Great news to report about my idea concerning getting a fan bus to Colgate sports road games, but first, a basic preface about my idea.

Our attendance at football games this year was on average 5,473, which is a huge increase from last year and our biggest number since 2003, the year when Colgate was a finalist in the D-I AA Tournament. Furthermore, soccer fan attendance grew in bunches as well, as anyone can attest to that went to the Patriot League Tournament games this season.

Therefore, I thought it would be great to send fan buses to big road games, where students could travel and cheer together as a section for games. I think there'd be a huge following to go to the Colgate-Cornell men's hockey game in Ithaca (usually a really crazy game), and a road football game or two within conference. Furthermore, we could send fans to Patriot League, ECAC, or NCAA Tournament games. I think the increased attendance at games calls for us sending a bus at least 2-3 times per school year.

So I spoke with representatives from the Colgate Activities Board, who were really nice and gracious enough to let me talk to them, and they thought it was a great idea that could be done. I also talked to an Assistant Athletic Director who loved the idea as well. Colgate has done this in the past (2003 NCAA D I-AA Championship Football Game, 2008 Patriot League Basketball Game), but it hasn't been done with any sort of regularity. I think this is a tradition that should, and after meeting with CAB and Athletic representatives, can be started.

More from me later tonight about further progress,

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment